Paper Craft

Movember 2012

MO2012Several of my gentleman friends have been growing a ‘tash for Movember, raising money for cancer research. It is a great cause, but I couldn’t donate to all of my friends, so I decided to make them some cards instead…

I started with a kraft base card and envelopes. I stamped a single moustache from the ‘Mr Fan-tash-tic’ set from IndigoBlu in Archival Ink in Jet Black (Ranger) on the flap of the envelopes.


Next I arranged all of the moustaches from the set diagonally on a large acryilc block and inked them in Watermark ink, then sprinkled white embossing powder over the card and tapped off the excess. I heated the embossing powder with a heat gun, making sure the whole image had melted before leaving the card to cool. I repeated this with all of the cards. Then I cleaned the stamps, but left them attached to the acrylic block and inked them up in red ink and placed them staggered on the cards from the embossed white moustaches. Again I cleaned the stamps and re-inked in dark blue ink, again staggered along the front of the card.

Then I worked out which stamps I needed to use again to fill in the holes, and what colour they needed to be, masking the back of the card with Post-It notes if necessary.

Mr Fan-tash-tic

After the base card was completed I took some extra smooth white stamping paper and stamped the hat, monocle, moustache and jacket in black ink. I stamped the sentiment on the same card and then measured the card to make it the same height as the long pennant in the Nested Pennants (Spellbinders) die. I die cut enough pennants to make the ribbon at the bottom and then I inked the edges of the sentiment and the pennants with ‘Old Paper’ Distress Ink (Ranger) to make it look aged. Then I stuck the sentiment on with foam sticky pads to raise it up from the surface of the card, and using the piercing tool I have for clay I rounded the ends. Next I glued the pennants and attached them underneath the ends of the sentiment so it looked like a ribbon.

Close-up of banner/ribbon sentiment
Close-up of banner/ribbon sentiment

Finally I cut out and glued the gent on the front, et voila!

The finished cards and envelopes
The finished cards and envelopes

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s